On the village green there is a statue called ‘the Gaper”.
It’s is also the nickname of the people in Kemmel.
This is the way they are supposed to have reacted when they saw the Belfry and Cloth Hall of Ieper when they first visited the town in the Middle Ages to sell their products.
Biggest events in Kemmel e.o.:
- Ieper Westhoek Rally
- Folkfestival Dranouter
- The biggest flea market in the area.
Landmarks and sights:
- The Agracultural Museum – Kemmel
- The watchtower on the Kemmelberg (18 meter).
- Visitor’s centre “De Bergen” – Kemmel
- Pool of Peace – Wijtschate
- French Monument and massgrave – Kemmelberg
- Archeological Museum – Het Labyrint – Kemmel
- The Cable railway op de Rodeberg
Fishing Dikkebuspond or the throutponds Kemmel or Westouter.
Horse riding There are 4 routes. Info at the touristsbureau..